Lentil Soup With Ham
This soup is perfect for those cold evening when yo need something to comfort and warm you.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 people
- In a medium nonreactive casserole, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the tomatoes
- with their juice, breaking them up with the back of a spoon.
- Add the lentils and broth, and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low, cover partially and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Cut the ham into 1/2-inch dice and add to the lentils.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve hot.
A soup that taste better than people think. Give it a go - bet you would enjoy it.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g