Simple but so tasty.
Mexican Pot Roast
- 5 lbs beef pot roast
- 1 cup Sliced mushrooms 250 ml
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30 ml
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup dry red or white wine 250 ml,
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes 500 ml
- 2 whole bay leaves laurel
- 2 tbsp chili powder 30 ml
- 1 tsp dried thyme 5 ml
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch green bell pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper and brown on all sides in the oil.
- Place remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the meat and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.