Mushroom and Basil Wine Sauce is a simple French recipe that has everything you need in a main meal. It is warming, comforting, filling, aromatic and so tasty. Also if you swap the Chicken Cube for Vegetable stock, you have an utterly divine vegetarian dish. Talk about two birds one stone time. I usually serve with chicken, greens and a bed of fluffy rice for a gorgeous meal. You can of course just serve with the rice and greens to maintain the vegetarian option. Either way means you, your family and friends will leave the table satisfied. If you are serving this as a vegetarian meal, I have used homemade Garlic Bread. It add an additional texture and helps mop up the sauce.
Mushroom and Basil Wine Sauce
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot.
- Add the sliced white and sliced shiitake mushrooms, red bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid has nearly evaporated, about 6 minutes.
- Add wine and bouillon cube; cook, stirring occasionally, until wine is slightly reduced and bouillon cube dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a cup combine cornstarch and 1 cup water until smooth.
- Add to skillet, along with green onions, basil, oyster sauce and ground red pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until lightly thickened and clear; about 1 minute.