Tarragon Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Tarragon Chicken and Mushroom Casserole is a smoothly extravagant recipe that is cheap to cook and welcoming to eat. Easy to prep and easier to cook.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30 ml
- 6 large chicken breast halves boneless and skinless
- 4 large scallions chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced, 225 g
- 1/2 cup chicken stock 125 ml
- 1/4 cup dry white wine 60 ml
- 2 tbsp tarragon chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour 30 ml
- 1/2 cup sour cream 125 ml
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- salt to taste
- to taste to taste
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over moderate heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and saute the scallions, garlic, and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add to the baking dish. In the same skillet add the stock, wine, tarragon, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the flour and sour cream in a small bowl and whisk into the liquid until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken and bake in a preheated 350F oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Serve with the mushrooms spooned over the chicken and garnished with a tarragon sprig if desired on a bed of hot bed of white rice or new potatoes and seasonal greens.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g