All of my children and their friends love this quick and filling meal. Pasta Stew with Rosemary Pork is ready within 30 minutes so ideal for those in a rush. The ingredients are simple with Pork, vegetables, stock and a few herbs. However, they combine to make a main dish that is welcoming.
Pasta Stew with Rosemary Pork
- 8 oz Ditalini or other dry pasta
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean pork loin bitesize cubes
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 40 oz fat-free low-sodium beef broth cans
- 1 1/2 tbsp rosemary minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peel 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or pot until hot. Add pork; cook until no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well. Toss pork with red and black pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup beef broth to pot; add onion and celery, and cook until tender. Add pork, remaining beef broth, rosemary and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and sweet potatoes and boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in spinach and lime juice. (Stew will continue to absorb liquid.) Serve immediately.