Satay Sauce – Katjang Sauce is a recipe every cook should have in their larder. It is easy to make, tastes divine and goes with nearly everything. What more do you need? This satay is exceptional in the flavours it passes to meats prior to and during cooking. I have used this as a marinade and then as a basting sauce to great success in the past. Also Katjang Sauce makes a great dipping sauce. This is one of the satay recipes I use for Shrimp Satay, Chicken Satay and I have even used it just for dipping at a buffet.
Satay Sauce – Katjang Sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic, onion and chilli over a moderate heat until onion is soft.
- Add the sugar and stir until slightly caramelised.
- Add the soy sauce and peanut butter and stir through.
- Add a little coconut milk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Tastes best served immediately but also refrigerates and re-heats very well.