A simple recipe that packs so much flavour with a marinade that you can use for so many other dishes. The result will have you converted to Cajun food. Cajun Style Shrimp is an ideal starter, bbq, side dish and in quantity, as main dish. I normally leave the marinade of Lemon Juice, Paprika, Thyme and Cayenne to penetrate the shrimp for at least an hour but ideally overnight. I would suggest you feed your self first as once people try these, the queue will never end. They are that good. As they can be made in advance and stored in the fridge, it removes one stress from the day.
Cajun Style Shrimp
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat and saute the garlic until it is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the lemon juice, thyme, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, split the backs of the shrimp and devein them, leaving the shell intact.
- Combine the shrimp with the marinade and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the shrimp and discard the marinade.
- Grill directly over hot coals until opaque and firm to the touch, about 2 minutes per side.