Classic Beef Wellington
Classic recipe to prep and cook the best beef wellington . Ultimate meal that always impresses everybody who tries it.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- Preheat an oven to 200C
- Heat some oil in a large pan and sear the seasoned beef all over until it’s brown.
- Remove and allow to cool and brush with the mustard.
- Chop the mushrooms and blend in a food processor to form a smooth puree.
- Put the puree into a pdry pan and heat to evaporate the water content.
- Once dry allow to cool.
- Roll out a generous length of cling film and slightly overlap the ham slices.
- With a pallet knife spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the ham.
- Place the beef fillet in the middle and keeping a tight hold of the cling film from the outside edge, neatly roll the Parma ham and mushrooms over the beef into a tight barrel shape. Twist the ends to secure the cling film.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
- Roll out the pastry quite thinly to a size which will cover your beef. Unwrap the meat from the cling film.
- Egg wash the edge of the pastry and place the beef in the middle.
- Roll up the pastry around the beef trimming any excess.
- Bake at for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Leave to stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 731mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g