This is a recipe for Yellow Moon Muffins that you will want to keep to yourself. The Apricots mixed with celery and onion makes a muffin that is filling, refreshing and so tasty. I would never have thought to put vegetables in a muffin but these work. I must admit, the first batch were a test and I ate them all!! These are superb as part of a lunchbox or as a snack and even a light breakfast on the go. We have many muffins recipes that you should try including Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins, Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins and Spicy Fruit Muffins.
Yellow Moon Muffins
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Spread the batter thinly in a well greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Soak apricots in water for 10 minutes. Lightly beat egg. Stir in the apricots. In a saucepan, heat butter. Stir in celery, onion, parsley and pepper. Cook till tender.
- Combine the cornbread, egg and apricot mixture, celery and onion mixture, and pecans. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Press down to form muffin shapes. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from pan; serve warm.