Indonesian Fried Noodles - Mie Goreng
Superbly flavoured and textured side dish that has also been a main dish at my table.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lb Chinese mein noodles 450 g
- 4 tbsp peanut oil 60 ml
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 large red chile peppers seeded and diced, to taste
- 2 large pork chops de-bone, dice
- 1/2 lb Shrimp 250 g
- 3 ribs celery finely sliced
- 1 cup bok choy 250 ml, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or to taste
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles according to package directions until 'al dente', or firm to the tooth.
- Drain and immediately rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat and fry the onion, garlic, and chile pepper until the onion is soft and golden.
- Add the pork and the shrimp and stir until cooked through.
- Add the celery, bok choy, salt, and pepper, and stir for a minute or two.
- You want the vegetables to be hot but crisp.
- Add the cooked noodles and continue stirring until the noodles are heated through.
- Add the soy sauce and pile onto a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the fried onion flakes and scallions, and decorate the edge of the plate with the sliced cucumber.
- Serve immediately.
This is divine. I can eat this every day it is that good,
Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 860mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g