Jewish Chicken Stock is an important part of cooking within this cuisine. Chicken stock is vital within this recipe and as with all soups, the base is the most important part. Furthermore this recipe for chicken stock provides the meat for preparing Matzo Ball Soup. Jewish recipes are controlled by dietary laws, Jewish Festival and the Sabbath. This stock is full of flavour and gives a new dimension to all recipes it is added to. Jewish Chicken Stock Tips : Like many stocks, these can be made a few days in advance and kept in the fridge or longer in the freezer.
Jewish Chicken Stock
- Bring all of the ingredients and 12 cups cold water to a boil in a very large stockpot. (see below)
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken breasts are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer breasts to a plate
- Let breasts cool slightly, then remove meat and return bones to stock.
- Shred meat to use for other recipes like Matzo Ball Soup
- Let cool, tightly wrap, and chill.
- Continue to simmer stock, skimming surface occasionally, until reduced by one-third, about 2 hours.
- Strain chicken stock through a fine-mesh sieve into a large saucepan. If your are using another day, store in an airtight container.
- Throw away the chicken parts that are left.