A different version of a casserole on a lasagne basis. Using the cabbage leaves in place of the lasagne sheets. Simple idea that works well.
Pork and Cabbage Casserole
This is a lovely recipe that combines Pork and Cabbage in a rich lasagne style dish.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- Cook the whole cabbage in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Peel off 12 of the outer leaves, set aside, and chop the remaining cabbage.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the onions until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chopped cabbage, wine, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Line a greased baking dish with half the cabbage leaves, removing the ribs if necessary to make them lie flat.
- Add the pork mixture and top with the remaining cabbage leaves.
- Arrange the bacon slices on top and bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 45 minutes.
Sodium: 447mg | Sugar: 3g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 632mg | Cholesterol: 96mg | Calories: 318kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 16g | Protein: 34g | Carbohydrates: 5g