Quick Chicken Fajitas recipe is an excellent dish that is ready from start to finish in only 25 minutes. Full of exciting ingredients such a red chilli, pepper and onion and spice hits of paprika, cumin and coriander. Combined into a marinade and partnered with the chicken for an amazing flavour. Served as a main dish and as a snack they are very popular.
Quick Chicken Fajitas
- Wrap the 6 medium tortillas in foil.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- In a glass bowl add 1 heap tbsp smoked paprika, pinch of ground cumin, 4 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp ground coriander, and 2 crushed garlic cloves together with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Skin the chicken breasts if required. Finely slice the breasts into strips and add to the marinade.
- Finely sliced the red onion and the red chilli and slice the red pepper into strips.
- Add to the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Place a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat and heat until smoking hot.
- Add the chicken and marinade to the pan.
- Continue to move the pan contents around so they do not stick to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- If needed cook in separate batches.
- Place the foil wrapped tortillas into the warmed oven to heat up.
- When the chicken is cooked through remove the contents into a warmed bowl.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and unwrap.
- Fill each tortilla with the chicken, pepper and onion mixture and serve immediately.
- I use a homemade salsa and guacamole for a finishing touch.