A superb Mexican dish that always hits the mark. the marinated beef is amazing.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- 1/2 cup lime juice 125 ml
- 1/4 cup olive oil 60 ml
- 2-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce 15 ml
- 2 lbs beef skirt 900 g, or flank
- 12 Flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30 ml
- 3 large red and/or green bell peppers thin strips
- 3 large onions thin rings
- Cheddar cheese grated
- sour cream
- Pico de gallo see recipe
- Guacamole see recipe
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut the meat into thin strips and toss with the marinade.
- Marinate refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours, or 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and heat in a 350F (180C) oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat and saute the peppers and onions for 5 minutes.
- Drain the meat and discard the marinade. Add to the skillet and saute until medium-rare.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a serving platter and serve with tortillas and garnishes.
- To eat, place some of the meat mixture on a tortilla, top with the garnishes and roll up.
A simple but gorgeous recipe for a classic mexican recipe. Never goes out of fashion.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g