Mushrooms with Chipotles (Hongos con Chipotle)
Chipotle chiles are smoked jalapeños and are available canned in most supermarkets and Hispanic speciality shops.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop the stems, leaving the mushroom caps whole.
- Combine the mushroom stems, onion, garlic, chipotle, tomato paste, and chicken stock in an electric blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat half the olive oil in a skillet over moderate heat and add the puree.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a separate skillet over high heat and saute the mushroom caps, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chipotle puree to the mushrooms, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve immediately
Ideal as a side dish or I have had it as a starter with tortilla wraps.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g