Oysters Rockefeller uses oysters on the half-shell. They have been topped with a rich sauce of butter, parsley and green herbs, and bread crumbs, then baked or broiled. Lemon wedges are the typical garnish. It was considered so rich that it was named after the richest man in the world John D Rockefeller. We’ve added Pernod into the sauce as the aniseed flavour works very well with the rich flavour of the oyster. This is purely optional though and not essential to the recipe. Out of all the oyster recipes, this is probably the most popular however other oyster recipes are close.
- Place the oyster shells on a baking sheet that has a layer of rock salt to stabilize the shells.
- Place an oyster on each shell.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Spoon the spinach mixture over the oysters.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 450F (225C) oven.
- Serve immediately.