When you fancy trying something different then this is the recipe for you. Whilst they may seem fiddly, the outcome is amazing. Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms are a lovely starter, delicate canapes and good buffet food. I actually serve these with Chicken and Vegetable Spring Rolls and Peppers Stuffed with Corn and Crab Meat. These may be starters but put together, you have a full meal. The added benefit of this recipe is that they only take 12 minutes to grill but that feeds 4 people. I often add a clove of garlic to the recipe for an additional flavour that compliments the cayenne.
Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, trim and discard the tough ends, and chop the stems finely.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and sauté the mushroom stems and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and sauté 1 – 2 minutes.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into the mushroom caps and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cook under a preheated broiler until the tops are golden brown, about 8 – 10 minutes.