Australian Spiced Shrimp is a superb Aussie bbq treat. They are simple to produce and only take a few minutes each. On a bbq, you can cook 12 skewers in a go easily. They don’t last long as rather popular. I normally leave the tails on to make them easier to pick up. You could also marinade the shrimp if you prefer. We have more recipes in our marinade category. Served alongside Finger Licking Honey Spareribs, Teriyaki Chicken and Scallop Kebabs for a bbq that everyone will be talking about. I did a shrimp selection that went down really well. It included Australian Spiced Shrimp, Cajun-Style Shrimp, Spicy Bbq Shrimp and Shrimp Satay for a dish that everybody tucked into.
Australian Spiced Shrimp
- Prepare a hot fire in an outdoor barbecue.
- Grind all the mustard seeds, lemon myrtle, dried garlic, mountain pepper, and bush tomato together in a coffee mill.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the ginger; remove from the heat.
- Transfer ¼ cup of the ginger butter to a small bowl and set aside in a warm place.
- The shrimp can be skewered or placed in a barbecue basket to facilitate flipping.
- Brush with the remaining ginger butter and dust with the spice blend.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until the spices form a light crust and the shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Mix the lime juice with the reserved ginger butter and serve as dipping sauce.