Chicken and Winter Vegetable Casserole
A tasty casserole that is very popular in my home. The aroma produced whilst simmering fills the house with a warm welcoming atmosphere.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30 ml
- 2 lbs chicken pieces 900 g
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large Leeks chopped
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 1 large suede chopped,
- 1 cup lentils 250 ml
- 2 cups chicken stock 500 ml
- 1 cup apple juice 250 ml
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 10 ml, cornflour
- 2 tbsp cold water 30 ml
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche 45 ml
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 15 ml
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and brown in the hot oil.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, lentils, chicken stock, and apple juice and bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered over low heat until the chicken and lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture, creme fraiche, and mustard and simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
Calories: 553kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 177mg | Sodium: 670mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g