Pumpkin bread improves with age, so plan to make it a day ahead if possible
Easy Pumpkin Bread
I no longer buy bread from the shops when there are so many recipes available.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 1 loaf
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 430 ml
- 1/4 tsp double-acting baking powder 1 ml
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 ml
- 1/2 tsp Salt 2 ml
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 ml
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves 1 ml
- 1 cup sugar 250 ml
- 1/3 cup shortening 80 ml
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin 250 ml, can
- 1/3 cup milk 60 ml
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2 ml
- 1/2 cup nuts 125 ml, chop
- 1/2 cup raisins 125 ml
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In a large bowl beat the sugar, shortening, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin and beat to incorporate.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients in 3 portions, alternating with the milk.
- Do not beat any more than necessary to combine the ingredients.
- Fold in the optional nuts, raisins, or dates.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 inch (22 x 12 cm) loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for about 1 hour, until the loaf has shrunk from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Sodium: 3225mg | Sugar: 325g | Fiber: 23g | Potassium: 1935mg | Cholesterol: 429mg | Calories: 3322kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 77g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Fat: 159g | Protein: 52g | Carbohydrates: 455g