Grilled Chicken Breasts Cordon Bleu
A cordon bleu or schnitzel cordon bleu is a dish of meat wrapped around cheese, then breaded and pan-fried, grilled or deep-fried. A classic that always remains tasty, easy to cook and always a crowd pleaser.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Combine the cheese, ham, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Place each chicken breast half in between two layers of plastic wrap and pound, using a meat mallet or the bottom of a small heavy pan, until the meat is about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
- Divide the cheese mixture between the flattened breast halves and fold them in half to cover the filling.
- Skewer the sides shut with toothpicks, brush both sides with melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill directly over hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until the meat juices run clear and the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove the toothpicks before serving.
A classic that always remains tasty, easy to cook and always a crowd pleaser.
Sodium: 350mg | Sugar: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Calories: 136kcal | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fat: 10g | Protein: 9g | Carbohydrates: 1g