Orange Beef Stir Fry
- If you are using frozen vegetables please make sure they are thoroughly defrosted prior to being used.
- Heat oil in a large wok.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and stir fry until tender but not brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Put egg white in one bowl and cornstarch in another.
- Dip steak strips into egg white and then coat with corn starch.
- Add the steak to the pan and continue to stir fry until they are lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, and sherry (optional), and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the temperature immediately to a gentle simmer.
- Add the stir fry vegetables and mix gently.
- Simmer until vegetables are heated through, about 3–4 minutes.
- Divide into pre warmed bowls and serve immediately.