Single Spaghetti Carbonara is a delicious Italian dish for one that takes only 20 minutes to make. It is ideal as a main dish and ideal when you have had a bad day. The flavours of the bacon or pancetta, eggs, spaghetti and parmesan make it a delight to eat.
Single Spaghetti Carbonara
- Place a large pan of water over a high heat and add a good pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Add the oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the pancetta/bacon and the onion and fry for about 10 minutes until the pancetta is cooked and the onion has softened.
- Add the egg yolks to a small mixing bowl together with the grated parmesan.
- Whisk together until totally combined.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain over the sink retaining a mug of the pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pancetta and onion pan and toss well to coat the pasta.
- Season with black pepper. The pancetta is salty so you probably wont need to add salt.
- Remove from the heat and add the egg and parmesan mixture.
- Constantly stir/toss to cover the spaghetti until it is fully coated. If the egg and cheese mix is too thick, add a little of the retained pasta water to thin.
- Serve in warmed bowl immediately with a further grating of parmesan.
- Sit down and enjoy.