Sticky Chinese Pork Belly
Chinese sticky pork belly has to be one of my favourites. This recipe will have you licking your lips and fingers.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
The Pork Belly
- Add all the slow cooked pork belly ingredients to a pan (not the glaze ingredients) I use a cast iron casserole pan.
- Bring to the boil, then place a lid on, turn down the heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Turn off the heat and drain the pork.
- Chop the pork into bite sized chunks.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil in a frying pan, and then mix the remaining glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil and add in the pork, salt and pepper, frying on a high heat until the pork starts to turn golden.
- Now pour the glaze over the pork and continue to cook until the pork looks dark and sticky.
- Remove from the heat and serve with some rice and green veg.
Calories: 1449kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 140g | Saturated Fat: 49g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 18g | Monounsaturated Fat: 64g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 711mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 20g