A lovely French deep fried choux pastry for those indulgent lunch and snack times.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Combine the water, butter, sugar, and flour in a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat.
- Stir for about five minutes, until the batter becomes a shiny ball, and remove from heat.
- Add one egg at a time, beating vigorously for about 3 minutes after the addition of each egg.
- Add the vanilla, citrus rind, and nutmeg and beat to combine.
- Drop by the teaspoonful into deep fat heated to 375F (190C) and cook until golden, turning if necessary (they tend to turn themselves).
- Drain on paper towels and dust with powdered (confectioner's) sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Try these with a cup of coffee and you will never look at a donut again.
Sodium: 60mg | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 28mg | Cholesterol: 20mg | Calories: 154kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.0001g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.0002g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 20g