Lobster Newburg is a variation on the delightful lobster dishes. Whether it be Thermidor or Americaine, Newburg adds to the impressive lobster recipe. This recipe can be used as both a starter or by doubling the quantity as a main dish. Using paprika and the hint of nutmeg gives this a superb subtle hit that compliments the lobster. The pure magic arrives when you include the beaten free range egg yolks and cream. You suddenly jump to a new level. I often serve this hot with freshly toasted bread for an excellent dish. This is one of the recipes I would use for a romantic meal.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the lobster meat and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the sherry, paprika, and nutmeg, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and the cream together and add them to the pot.
- Heat until thickened, stirring constantly, and DO NOT BOIL.